Prof. Michalis Toanoglou
- +82 42-630-9747
- W7, #409
Michalis Toanoglou is Department Chair & Assistant Professor in International department of Hospitality Management (SIHOM) of Sol International School (SIS) in Woosong University in Korea.
He is Phd candidate for Hospitality Management in YoungSan University and holder of Msc in Tourism Management (Surrey University UK) and Msc in Hospitality Management (Greek Open University).
- Lecturer, Hospitality & Tourism Management, Advanced Schooh of Hospitality Managemenet, Rhodes, Greece
- Managing Director, Euroxenia Hotel Management & Tourism Consulting, Greece
- General Destination Manager, Tourism Organisation of North Aegean, Greece
- Research Project Manager, Chamber of Commerce - Tourism department, South Aegean, Greece
- Managing Director, EDEN Hellas S.A, Greece
- Hotel General Manager, Kolymbia Beach Hotel, Rhodes, Greece
- Hotel General Manager, Olympos Beach Hotel, Rhodes, Greece
- Hotel General Manager, Rodos Maris Hotel, Rhodes, Greece
Published Articles & Conference Papers.
- Selda U., Tuzukan D., Altintas V., Toanoglou M., (2017). A study on the effects of Demographic Factors on Hotel Selection Process. - 2017 TOSOK (Best Research Paper Award)
- Altintas V., Tuzunkan D., Toanoglou M., (2017). Undergraduate tourism students’ perceptions and attitudes towards tourism industry: an application from South Korea - 2017 AGHTC
- Toanoglou, M. , Tselentis, V., & Prokopiou, D. (2013). Carrying capacity assessment in tourism: the case of Northern Sporades islands. Coastal Processes III (WitPress) 3, 115-123
- Toanoglou, M. , Tselentis, V., & Prokopiou, D. (2012). Comparative analysis of carrying capacity indices for the central Aegean Islands. European Research Studies Journal Vol. XV Issue 1, 9
- Toanoglou, M. , Tselentis, V., & Prokopiou, D. (2008). Sustainability indicators and their role to destinations' strategic development.
- Sustainable Tourism as a Factor of Local Development (Tangram Edizioni Scientifiche ,Trento)171-174.
- Toanoglou, M. , Tselentis, V., & Prokopiou, D. (2007). Carrying capacity assessment in tourism: the case of Dodecanese archipelago.
- Management of Natural Resources, Sustainable Development and Eclogical Hazards (WitPress) 3, 217-227
International Conference presentations & papers
- The Samos island culinary tourism potential. IMIC conference 2011, Valuing the food experience, Athens 2-3/02/2011
- Coastal zones & tourism Dodecanese. 4th National Congress for the - -Management and Improvement for Coastal Zones., NTUA-Laboratory of Harbour Works, Mytilini, Greece 23-27/09/2008
- Environmental impacts caused by the development of Elafonisos island and the Neapoli district., Ecosud 2007, Sixth International.
- Conference on Ecosystems and Sustainable Development, organised by Wessex Institute of Technology UK, The University of Coimbra Portugal, The University of Siena Italy, 04-06/09/2007
Management of International Programs & Research Projects
- System of Measures of Excellence in Destinations (SMED) for Samos Island. UNWTO - CED World Centre of Excellence for Destinations (2010)
- ISTOS: Innovation for Sustainable Tourism and Services, European Commission DG Regio. Region of South Aegean (2007).
Main Research interest in:
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Destination Management & Branding
- Strategic Tourism Planning
Dr. Jin Wang
- +82 42-630-4711
- W16, #404
Dr. Jin Wang, Associate Professor, Special Assistant of Vice President, CHE, MBA
Dr. Wang graduated from Beijing International Studies University in 2000 with a bachelor degree, and University of California, Riverside in 2002 with an MBA degree. She received her Ph. D degree from the School of Hotel and Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in the year 2010. Dr. Wang worked at Dalian University of Foreign Languages and Hong Kong Baptist University as a teaching staff for 1 year respectively in her early period of teaching, worked at Beijing International Studies University as an Associate Professor from 2010 to 2016, and started her academic career at Woosong University since 2017. She is currently a reviewer of two SSCI journals, namely the International Journal of Hospitality Management and Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research.
With a rich teaching experience of more than 10 years, Dr. Wang is also a founder and partner of two successful companies: Haoye International Real Estate Development Ltd., New Zealand, and Liaoning Huahang Travel Agency Ltd., China. The industry and business experiences enable her to share more industry knowledge and insights with students both as a teacher and as an entrepreneur.
PUBLICATIONS AND PROJECTS
- 2016---Food and Beverage Management. Jin Wang & Yanxian Fang. Beijing Normal University Publishing Group. ISBN-978-7-303-20974-3
- 2013---Influences of Values on Hotel Employees’ Citizenship Behaviors. Jin Wang. Tourism Education Press. ISBN-978-7-5637-2770-4/F953
- 2012---Cultivating “Good Soldiers “in Campus: An OCB Investigation within the Setting of Chinese Tourism Institutions. Jin Wang. 2012 International Conference on Hospitality and Tourism Education and the Trend of the Hospitality and Tourism Industry (ISBN：978-986-6599-22-4).
- 2012---Sharing of Success and Experiences of UNWTO TedQual Certification by School of Tourism Management, Beijing International Studies University. China Annual Report on Tourism Education, 303-310（2012），ISBN：978-7-5637-2504-5.
- 2012---An Investigation on Employees’ Value Root of Citizenship Behaviors within the Context of Beijing Star-rated Hotels. Beijing Philosophy and Social Science Project (Provincial and Ministerial Level Project).
- 2012---A Comparative Study of Hotel Employee Citizenship Behaviors in Mainland and Taiwan (Beijing International Studies University Research Project).
- 2011---Understanding organizational citizenship behavior from a cultural perspective: An empirical study within the context of hotels in Mainland China. Jin Wang & Wong Chak Keung (Simon). International Journal of Hospitality Management, 2011, Vol. 30, Issue 4, p845-854. SSCI Journal.
- 2011---Brand Planning Project for the Central Hotel Shanghai.
- 2010-A Comparative Study on the Measurement Scales of Organizational Citizenship Behavior Within China's Hotel Industry. Jin Wang & Wong, Chak Keung (Simon). Journal of China Tourism Research, 2010, Vol. 6, Issue 4, p358-369.
- 2010---China Tourism Dictionary Project (Provincial and Ministerial Level Project).
- 2010--- Brand Planning Project for Beijing Jijiang Fuyuan Hotel.
Dr. Jovel Ananayo
- +82 42-630-9962
- W7, #310
Dr. Ananayo is an educator, researcher and a tourism management specialist, who also possess significant experience in community development. He held various teaching positions in the Philippines, New Zealand, and South Korea. Apart from teaching, Dr. Ananayo engaged in thesis advising, curriculum development, quality assurance initiatives, and strategic planning. He is an active researcher and has presented his works in various national and international conferences. Prior to his academic career, he worked with public and private organizations, which embarked on tourism development programs. Dr. Ananayo worked with UNESCO for the publication of the IMPACT book, which concerns the effects of tourism on culture and the environment in the Asia-Pacific region. He was also actively involved in UNESCO-led tourism development and heritage conservation initiatives in the Philippines.
- Ph.D., Department of Tourism, School of Business, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
- MSc in Travel Industry Management, School of Travel Industry Management, University of Hawai’i at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawai’i, United States of America
- BA Social Science, University of the Philippines, Baguio City, Philippines
- World Heritage Fellowship
- United States National Park Service, Department of Interior
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Focus of fellowship: Heritage Interpretation and Tourism Management in the context of a National Park World Heritage Site
- University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship
- University of Otago School of Business, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Ford Foundation International Fellowship
- Pursued and completed MSc Degree at the University of Hawai’i at Manoa
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Scholarship
- Focus of fellowship: Green Tourism for Regional Development
- Kyushu, Japan
Teaching and Research interests: Sustainable Tourism, Tourism Planning and Development, Heritage and Indigenous Tourism, Destination Management, Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Stakeholder Management, CSR, among others.
Prof. Minjoo Leutwiler Lee
- +82 42-630-9348
- W16, #409
Professor Leutwiler-Lee studied Hospitality Management at the Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne (Switzerland), and holds a Master’s degree in Major Programme Management with distinction from Oxford University, Said Business School (U.K.). Professor Leutwiler-Lee had senior management responsibilities at international luxury hotels such as The Four Seasons Hotels in New York and San Diego, The Langham Hotel in London.
Dr. Nadezda Sorokina
- +82 42-630-9179
- W7, #308
- Ph.D.: Business Studies, Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Msc: International Travel and Tourism Management, Oxford Brookes University, UK
- PGDip: International Hotel and Tourism Management, IMI, Switzerland
- Bachelor degree: English Philology, Daugavpils University, Latvia
Areas of Interest
Sustainable development in hospitality and tourism, Sustainable event management, Medical tourism, Multimodality, Social semiotics, Service Design, Knowledge economy, Sustainable marketing
Dr. Samiha Chemli
- +82 42-630-9180
- W7, #308
Dr Samiha Chemli is Assistant Professor in Hotel and Tourism Management, ‘Sol International School’, Woosong University. She worked, from 2010 to 2017, as Associate Professor in Tourism Marketing, and as Program Manager of the Master in Tourism and Hotel Management at the ‘Business School Tunis’, the University of La Manouba Tunisia; and had more than 6 years of experience as Guest Professor in Tourism Management, at the University College Birmingham, UK. Moreover, Dr Chemli has a professional experience in the tourism industry, as she performed, as a Managing Director of two companies, in the fields of Managing Hotels and Events’ organisation, for more than 6 years.
She is holder of a PhD in Organisational Management and Tourism at the University of La Manouba Tunisia in partnership with the University College Birmingham, UK; a MA in Tourism Business Administration at the University of Birmingham, UK and a BA in Hotel and Tourism Management at the Higher School of Business Tunis.
The main areas of research of Dr Chemli are Tourists’ behaviour and perception, tourism destinations and tourism products’ positioning; crisis management, tourism regional development, and FDI & FII in tourism.
Dr. Sara Nunes
- +82 421-630-9181
- W7, #308
Dr Sara Nunes is, both, Assistant Professor in Hotel and Tourism Management in the Sol International School, and Marketer in International Relations at Woosong University. She is holder of a PhD in Administration and International Business from the University of Extremadura in Spain, a MA in Marketing and Tourism Promotion, and a BA in Hotel Management, from the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria, School of Tourism and Maritime Technology in Portugal, and a BA in Tourism, Hospitality and Hydrotherapy from the Higher Institute of Educational Sciences in Portugal.
Dr Nunes has more than 11 years of experience, both, at academic and professional levels in several sectors of the tourism industry.
Furthermore, the main areas of research of Dr. Nunes are in tourism destinations images, brand equity and impact of movies induced images on tourism destinations and products.
Dr. Sudipta Kiran Sarkar
- email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- +82 42-630-9965
- W7, #310
Dr. Sudipta has been an academic in Tourism & Hospitality for more than 15 years. His extensive experience involves teaching & learning and scholarly activities in the countries of India, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and currently South Korea. Dr. Sudipta completed his PhD in 2015 from the prestigious SHTM, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University - ranked No. 1 in the world according to the prestigious ShanghaiRanking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects (GRAS) 2017. Dr. Sudipta served as Co-ordinator for Curriculum Development & Review Unit for a considerable time in Malaysia. As the Co-ordinator for Curriculum Development & Review Unit, he was involved in development of curriculum and coordinating curriculum review and design activities for new and existing courses. He also recently held the position of Acting Head of Program, Tourism also for a considerable time in Malaysia. As a part of his academic career in India, Malaysia, Hong Kong and now South Korea, he has gathered the invaluable experience of working in a culturally diverse environment in terms of working with colleagues and teaching students from across South & South-East Asia, Europe, Australia and Africa. Dr. Sudipta moved to Woosong University in December, 2016 and is currently the Head of Program for Masters of Arts in Culinary Entrepreneurship.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
in Hotel & Tourism Technology Management from The Hong KongPolytechnic University, Hong Kong.
Thesis Title: “Investigating the effects of Value in online communities on Ecotourists’ Satisfaction in Socialisation and Intention to share knowledge via Social Media”.
- Areas of Teaching Interest :
Sustainable Hospitality Environments, Hospitality Information Technology, Gastronomy Tourism, Culinary Tourism, Hospitality Accounting & Finance
- Areas of Research Interest :
Digital Technologies in Tourism & Hospitality, Social media, Big Data, Smart Tourism
Urban Sustainable Tourism/Urban Ecotourism/ Sustainable Mass Tourism
Tourism & Hospitality Pedagogy
- Sarkar, S.K. & George, B.P. (2017).The life cycles of destination life cycle models - a critical comparison and synthesis in the context of destinations in Asia. In P. O. de Pablos and Z.M. Aung (Eds.) Tourism and Opportunities for Economic Development in Asia. IGI Global.
- Sarkar, S.K. (2017) Changing behavioural patterns of travellers to urban ecotourism sites of Kuala Lumpur. In P. O. de Pablos and Z.M. Aung (Eds.) Tourism and Opportunities for Economic Development in Asia. IGI Global.
- Sarkar, S.K., Au, N. & Law, R. (2016) Analysing the effect of value in online communities on satisfaction in online socialisation and knowledge-sharing intentions of eco – tourists. In P. O. de Pablos (Ed.) Managerial Strategies and Solutions for Business Success in Asia. IGI Global.
- Sarkar, S. K & George, B.P. (2016) Modeling tourism as a peace agent: how to harness the genie? A.M Nedelea and M.O. Nedelea (Eds.) Peace Marketing. Universitara Publishing House, Bucharest, Romania.
- Sarkar, S.K., Au, N. & Law, R. (2014). Analysing ecotourists' satisfaction in socialisation and knowledge sharing intentions via social media. In Z. Xiang and I. Tussyadiah (Eds.). Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2014, (pp.313-326). Springer International Publishing, Switzerland 2013. ISBN: 978-3-211-99406-1.
- Sarkar, S.K., and Sarkar, P.K (2010). Use of internet applications & tools by health tourism agents in Malaysia; an exploratory study. In Gretzel, U. et al. (Eds.). Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2010 (pp.63-74). Springer Wien New York. ISBN: 978-3-319-03972-5.
Prof. Troy Eidenmiller
Majored in Food & Beverage
Dr. Volcan Altintas
- +82 42-630-9962
- W7, #310
Dr. Volkan Altıntaş graduated from Gazi University in Ankara, Turkey. He obtained an MSc in Tourism and Hotel Management at Akdeniz University in Antalya with a thesis on Tourism and the European Union. Dr. Altintas undertook his Ph.D. at Akdeniz University Institute of Social Sciences in 2010, also in Turkey. His research areas are “quality of life, tourism politics and local development”.