Why Choose Hotel Management?
As the world shrinks and the Hotel and tourism industries boom, have you ever considered the benefits of a career in Hotel Management? There is a huge demand for trained professionals, particularly in the Asia Pacific Region where countries are still exploring untouched lands and developing new and exciting tourist areas. Your part in this is to become educated in the Hotel Management area which has a large diversification of job opportunities once you complete your degree.
We believe that the skills you develop in our programs should be sustainable when working in luxury hotels, on cruise ships or in the meetings and events industry (MICE). You will learn from our partners like the Hilton Group, the Hyatt Group, and Princess Cruises, that the skills you develop are immediately applicable. You will experience, in the internships you select, opportunities in a variety of countries around the world, which could easily lead to a permanent position. Your future is assured when you study with us.
To provide top-quality management education in this field, we have benchmarked our programs against prestigious hotel and tourism universities around the world. The program focuses on providing students with opportunities to work internationally and to participate in overseas internships. Students are taught entirely in English by international faculty members who have enjoyed successful careers in their respective fields. An additional goal of the programs is to give students the best possible preparation to compete overseas.
Qualifications & Certificates
As part of the learning process, SIS has arranged for Hotel Management students to become certified in various skill services which prospective employers seek. Studying for a particular certificate provides an additional opportunity for the student to focus on the specifics of a particular area of Hotel management.
Tourist guide, Domestic tour guide, Tour conduct, Hotel guest services representative, Hotel general manager, Hotel manager, Convention meeting planner, International medical tour coordinator, Craftsman Bartender, etc.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) provided by (CIC)
- Hotel Professional Certificate (HPC) provided by the American Hotel Association (AHA)
- Hotel Supervisor Certificate (HSC) provided by AHA
- Hotel English Certificate (HEC) provided by AHA
- Certificate Program for Sports Travel Professionals provided by the National Business Travel Association (NBTA)
- Global Travel Professional™ (GTP) Certification provided by the NBTA
Potential Career Paths
- Hotel Business Management - hotel, resort, golf, country club management, etc.
- Food/Beverage and Restaurant Business Management - restaurant, catering, bar, wine management, etc.
- Convention, Meeting and Event Management - international conferences, conventions, events, catering, etc.
- Tourism Marketing Management - cruise industry, amusement park industry (e.g. Disney World), gaming/entertainment industry (e.g. Las Vegas), travel packages, destination marketing, etc.
Quick Facts: 2017
- International faculty body that provides global perspective of Hotel & Tourism related courses and knowledge
- Wide range of global employment opportunities and dual degree education programs
- Development of international talents to serve within the Asian and worldwide Hotel markets
- Regular Special Lectures by invited Industry Experts providing updated insights from the real Tourism & Hotel World
- Delivering cutting edge knowledge, practices and key skills to develop professionals in the industry
|Management||Hotel Human Resource Management, Front Desk Management, Marketing and Sales for Hotel Business, Managing Productivity Through People, International Hotel Brand Management, Hotel Administration, Sustainable Hotel Environments.|
|Practical||Industry Placements, Room Division Service Standards, Delivering Guest Services, Culinary Techniques, OPERA PMS, Hotel Financial Performance|
|Awareness||Adventure Tourism and Recreation, Professional Wine Studies, Community Engagement, Property Safety and Security, Tourism Policy, Cruise Industry|
|Hotel||Events Management, Customer Satisfaction, Cruise Industry, Entertainment and Gaming Industry, Global Hotel, Spa Management, Festivals and Events|
- International Hotel standards
- Culture and ethics of various countries
- Practices of Hotel in different industries
- Regulations and policies related to hotel management and traveling
- Hotel administration and operation skills
- Understanding of various hotel operations & networks around the world
- Catering and Hotel terminologies
- Industrial / practical experience and internship
International Educational partnerships:
- Swiss Hotel Management School – Switzerland
- Hotelschool, The Hague – Netherlands
- Prince of Songkla University – Thailand
- Varna University of Management – Bulgaria
- IMI – Switzerland
- ICHM – Australia
- Kaohsiung National University of Hotel and Tourism – Taiwan
- Emirates Academy of Hotel Management – Dubai
- Shih-Chien University – Taiwan
- Eastern Mediterranean University – Cyprus, North Turkey
International Industry Partnerships:
- Princes Cruise (Cruise Industry)
- Hilton (Hotel Chain)
- GSTC (Global Sustainable Tourism Council)
- Chris & Partners (MICE Industry Experts)
- AHLA (American Hotel & Lodging Association)
- Value Hotels Worldwide (Hotel Chain)
- STR (Hotel & Travel Research)
Potential Career Paths:
- Hoteliers at worldwide hotel chains
- Managers (Hotels, resorts, golf clubs, catering centers, restaurants, cruise ships)
- Events planning and project management
- Administrator at conventions
- Tour guides / agency coordinators
- Branding and marketing for luxury hotels
- Exhibition and tradeshow staff
- Tourism council
- Hotel Group employee
- Cruise Industry employee